Highlighted
infocentrehec Absent Member.
Absent Member.

May 2013 patches : "novcifs --add --vserver" makes comatose

After applying "May 2013 Scheduled Maintenance for OES2SP3 8566" on OES2 SP3, old cluster volumes go comatose.
If I remove the "novcifs --add --vserver", old cluster volumes go online properly, but clients can only connect by IP address (not anymore with host name).

Before the patches, I needed a "sleep" to wait until "novcifs -sl" lists the volume, otherwise resource goes comatose.

Cifs Log :
WARNING: CODIR: AllocateDirCacheEntry: Invalid Patth /media/nss/ETU/
ERROR: CODIR: GetEntryFromDirCache: Failed to allocate a dir cache entry
WARNING: CODIR: Failed to find cache entry for given path.
ERROR: ENTRY: CIFSNDSReadFromNDS: Error adding a new share (CIFSNDSPutSharePointInfo): -1
CRITICAL: CLI: AddServer: CIFSNDSReadFromNDS(): Unable to read attributes of ".cn=CL_ETU_SERVER.o=hec.t=HEC_TREE." from NDS, error = -1

The "dir cache entry" does not seem to be the culprit, because on the same server an old cluster volume goes comatose and a new cluster volume goes online properly.

This error does not occur with new nss cluster volumes, created under Netware OES.
What I call "old cluster volumes", are volume created long time ago (Netware 3 or 4), not clustered at that time.

By comparing object attributes of the cluster volume server object (CL_..._SERVER) of old (ie "ETU" volume name) and new (ie "ADM" volume name), I notice these differences :
- nfapCIFSShares :
->ETU : 'ETU:\' 'ETU' 0 'ETU'
->ADM : 'ADM' 'ADM' 0 'NSS Volume'
- ACL :
->ETU : has no "[root] - nfapCIFSServerName - 3"
->ADM has the root compare and read rights on nfapCIFSServerName attribute.

How to add [root] trustee to make a try ?
Has anyone experienced such issue ?

Best regards.
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Reply
infocentrehec Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: May 2013 patches : "novcifs --add --vserver" makes comat

I have found how to correct, but I do not understand how the value got corrupted.

I corrected nfapCIFSShares attribute of CL_ETU_SERVER object with the following value (according to the ADM working properly) : 'ETU' 'ETU' 0 'NSS Volume'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.