Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Merge test...

I am trying to merge a single server OES2(netware) eDir 8.8 Tree/box to a single server OES2(Sles) eDir 8.8 tree/box. I cant get the schema to sync. I get this error.

Attribute definition cannot be merged. Attribute name: accountExpires
This operation cannot continue.
Error -699 merging attribute definitions from source server
Operation failed, Error: -699
*** END ***

They are test boxes and are in very poor shape. I just don't have the time to do a total re-install of them both. Is there a quick and dirty way to get the schema to sync?
Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Is this error via iMonitor/dsrepair?

Or is this when you're running the miggui during the ID Transfer?

If the former, probably better to ask in the eDirectory:Linux forum.

Normally schema should sync by itself, but if the Master is on NetWare, you can use some dstrace commands to force a schema sync. I think it's +SS for the switch.
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

kjhurni;2107586 wrote:
Is this error via iMonitor/dsrepair?

Or is this when you're running the miggui during the ID Transfer?

If the former, probably better to ask in the eDirectory:Linux forum.

Normally schema should sync by itself, but if the Master is on NetWare, you can use some dstrace commands to force a schema sync. I think it's +SS for the switch.

I am trying to merge 2 trees together. The error occurs when I am trying to import the remote Schema.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Ah, okay. I'm guessing you'll have better luck getting an answer in the eDirectory forums.
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

kjhurni;2107810 wrote:
Ah, okay. I'm guessing you'll have better luck getting an answer in the eDirectory forums.

Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.