Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
bkelsen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Migrate from OES2 iFolde 3.8 to OES11 iFolder 3.9 options ?

The iFolder 3.9 doc describes new installs and refers to the OES 11: Migration Tool Administration Guide for upgrade/migration info.
The exact text there is: "You can migrate Novell iFolder 3.2 and iFolder 2.x to Novell iFolder 3.9 or later versions."

Does this mean you cannot migrate from iFolder 3.8 ? or does it mean that v3.8 and v3.9 are similar and upgrade does not apply ?

Now what are the options when you are at oes2 (on fully patched 64 bit sles10) iFolder 3.8 and want to move to iFolder 3.9 on OES11 ?

My #1 idea is to do a fresh install of an OES11 incl iFolder 3.9 (storage on ext3). Then I would like to migrate my 300 user / 500GB iFolder system from my current oes2 iFolder 3.8 (storage on NSS/EVMS) - but I would really like to know if this path is supported ?

OR #2 could I add the new 3.9 iFolder server as a slave to the current v3.8 server, move all the users (incl data) to the new server, and the shutdown the old one ?

OR #3 could I do an inplace upgrade as suggested for the upgrade from v3.2 iFolder ? - but what about my conversion from NSS/EVMS to raw ext3 that I also want to perform ?

If I somehow missed the doc for this type of scenario, please enlighten me 🙂

KR/Bjørn
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Migrate from OES2 iFolde 3.8 to OES11 iFolder 3.9 options ?

bkelsen,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
markovhe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Migrate from OES2 iFolde 3.8 to OES11 iFolder 3.9 option

Have you made any progress on this?

I'm in a similar situation except still back at 3.8.0.x and, unfortunately, we're on 32-bit OES2 so we don't have a direct upgrade to OES11 (64-bit only).

I also need to migrate hardware to new hardware somewhere along the way so was hoping the migration utility would take care of this.
0 Likes
briandz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Migrate from OES2 iFolde 3.8 to OES11 iFolder 3.9 option

I did an in place upgrade from OES2 Ifolder 3.8 to OES 11 and 3.9 All went okay once I figured out what was broke after the upgrade. In our case the cert in the mono cert store was corrupt after the upgrade. Novell now has a TID on it. Once that was done. All is okay. However I have had a lot of issues with 3.9 in general. It maybe related to ifolder not playing well with AD. We use AD for our user store not edirectory. Random locked accounts. When I install the client on another computer. Sometimes it flips out and creates a new iFolder account on the server, and essentially oprhans the existing folder, and all data is gone. You can only search the simias data folders to find out which one orphaned. If you 3.8 environment is working. I would not recommend moving yet. Thats my opinion. We had to move because of 3.8 client issue constantly crashing.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.