sabilton Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mirror with multiple NSS partitions

Hi All,

I'm doing a SAN-to-SAN hardware migration using the mirroring technique. All is well on one site, where I have a simple 1:1:1:1 relationship between LUN:NSS Partition:NSS Pool:NetWare Volume.

However, I have one data set which refuses to mirror. I have a single LUN, 3 x NSS Partitions, 1 NSS Pool and 1 NetWare Volume in this data set. When I hit the F3 key in NSSMU to start the mirror, I get the NSS error code 20896, which seems to be a "General Sharing" error.

I cannot for the life of me work out why this partition won't mirror following the same procedure for the other 30-odd data sets I've already mirrored.

Any suggestions please? I was hoping to get this last data set migrated tonight if I can get a fix .......

Rgds
Simon
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Mirror with multiple NSS partitions

Is the LUN holding the 3 partitions flagged Shareable for Clustering? Is the one you are trying to mirror it to?

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
sabilton Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Mirror with multiple NSS partitions

Sorry for not updating this earlier......

Basically, we rebooted the node and everything worked as expected when we tried the mirror process again. Murphy's Law of Computing I guess.

Rgds
Simon
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.