Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
PPUBJanson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mirroring problem

Hi. I've got a problem. I had 2 disks - 1 working - second for mirror plugged from time to time. After 100% mirrored i had unpluged this second disk.
Today i just plugged this second disk to make a mirror - but some partition error occured on this 2 disk. So i unplugged this second disk. BUT After starting another one time computer on this 1 (everyday working) disk I received an error. Novell stops onb command NO TIME ZONE. I've foud problem with synchronization. So by nssmu i i stopped mirroring. but it only helps me with problem with synchronization. Novell still dosen't work and stops on NO TIME ZONE moment. In second console window i see - it's the problem with mounting volume sys. So i tried nss /poolativate=sys - and it is ok. but after mount volume sys i'm receiving error: An error (20444 (beastTree.c[2099])) at block 0 (file block 0 ) (ZID 0) has compromised volume integrity.

How to solve this problem?? - i tried vrepair utility but it tells me that can't find volume.

Sorry for my English....
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
snidelydev Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Mirroring problem

PPUBJanson;1908983 wrote:
Hi. I've got a problem. I had 2 disks - 1 working - second for mirror plugged from time to time. After 100% mirrored i had unpluged this second disk.
Today i just plugged this second disk to make a mirror - but some partition error occured on this 2 disk. So i unplugged this second disk. BUT After starting another one time computer on this 1 (everyday working) disk I received an error. Novell stops onb command NO TIME ZONE. I've foud problem with synchronization. So by nssmu i i stopped mirroring. but it only helps me with problem with synchronization. Novell still dosen't work and stops on NO TIME ZONE moment. In second console window i see - it's the problem with mounting volume sys.

There is a finite risk that an error occuring during certain operations (usually involving the filesystem structures, as I understand it) will corrupt the "good" disk as well as the "bad" disk. I think hardware RAID narrows the window for this to happen, but Bad Things Can Happen anywhere at sometime.

So i tried nss /poolativate=sys - and it is ok. but after mount volume sys i'm receiving error: An error (20444 (beastTree.c[2099])) at block 0 (file block 0 ) (ZID 0) has compromised volume integrity.

That error number is for "ZID not found in directory"; that ZID 0 is mentioned is, I think, a serious problem -- that would be the root of the filesystem, I'm thinking.

How to solve this problem?? - i tried vrepair utility but it tells me that can't find volume.

vrepair only handles the older filesystem design (usually called TFS for Traditional File System). NSS volumes would use something like
nss /poolrebuild=SYS

/dps

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.