Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Modify role to allow access to General | Other

Jump to solution

We are going to be using the otherPhoneNumber attribute for internal extensions and have IDM populate the ipPhone attribute in AD with this value. The role that the staff who will be updating this attribute (in iManager) belong to, is limited to modifying groups and users. At present, when they click Modify User, they do not have access to the "Other" section on the General tab and this is the only place that I am able to find access to the otherPhoneNumber attribute in iManager.

Is there another area within the page for Modify User that has access to this attribute? Is there a way that we can add Modify Object to the Help Desk role, without giving the role full blown rights?

I was going to attempt to create an application that would run an ldif script, but the most recent ldapmodify.exe I can find was from 2003 (with an old C1 package). Is there an updated one available?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Modify role to allow access to General | Other

Jump to solution
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Like klasen explained here:

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/eDirectory-User-Discussions/ldapsearch-tool-for-Windows/m-p/2741915#M9518

There should be current builds of ldap tools in any current eDir build. Cygwin will work, too. Otherwise you'd have to modify your RBS offset. A bulk operation via LDAP will likely be faster. You can, of course, just grant rights to the attribute and and direct staff to an instance of iManager running in "unrestricted" mode (can even be an iMan WS instance running on some PC) where they'll  be able to modify the attribute from within "modify attribute" underneath "Directory Administration". Or from ConsoleOne (glory days...). Or even with... getting melancholic...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks.  

I'm planning on using a bulk ldif script to initially populate the attribute (we are OES Linux), so was looking for a way to maintain it afterwards.

I'll check out the cygwin tools.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.