hanahan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NC 4.91 SP4 can't see tree on NW6.5 OES2

OK, I've recently updated a customer from NW 4.2 to NW 6.5 OES2. All but one of their XP machines are logging in fine (with a mixed bag of client versions, mostly 4.83).

However, I've got this one stubborn XP machine that won't see the tree. This machine is fully patched up, and I even removed the old client and installed the 4.91 SP4 client. Still can't see the tree. I can ping the server just fine, plus it makes a good connection to a Win2003 server that's also on the wire.

Ideas?

Thanks - Ralph
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
scratchfury Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: NC 4.91 SP4 can't see tree on NW6.5 OES2

I had the same problem when I was using a computer over wireless. I switched to wired and was able to connect. I've switched back to wireless and have no more problems.
0 Likes
hanahan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

scratchfury;1568788 wrote:
I had the same problem when I was using a computer over wireless. I switched to wired and was able to connect. I've switched back to wireless and have no more problems.
Hmmm - this one is wired only, and I even patched it into a known good jack where another PC was seeing the tree, but no luck.

Any other ideas?

Thanks - Ralph
0 Likes
scratchfury Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hanahan;1574695 wrote:
Hmmm - this one is wired only, and I even patched it into a known good jack where another PC was seeing the tree, but no luck.

Any other ideas?

Thanks - Ralph
Have you tried 4.91 SP3?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.