Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NOWS-SBE-2.5-x86_64-DVD.iso

I am trying to install NOWS-SBE-2.5-x86_64-DVD.iso on a Dell R710 Powerdge Server with Perc H700 sata raid controller and the disk are not detectectedand i am unable to use the Dell DUD megaraid_sas-v00.00.04.17-1-sles10-sp2-64bit.img floppy disk.

Is there a way to install SLES 11 instead ? And how can i do that ?

Thank You
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: NOWS-SBE-2.5-x86_64-DVD.iso

DLauzon;2045977 wrote:
I am trying to install NOWS-SBE-2.5-x86_64-DVD.iso on a Dell R710 Powerdge Server with Perc H700 sata raid controller and the disk are not detectectedand i am unable to use the Dell DUD megaraid_sas-v00.00.04.17-1-sles10-sp2-64bit.img floppy disk.

Is there a way to install SLES 11 instead ? And how can i do that ?

Thank You

Hi DLauzon,

NOWS SBE 2.5 is based on OES2/SP1 which in turn is based on SLES10/SP2. If you install SLES11, it won't help you with NOWS SBE and NOWS SBE is not supported running under XEN.

If you intend to create NSS volumes on your NOWS SBE server, they require a separate uninitialized disk. The best way to achieve that is to configure a RAID array with (at least) two LUNs or logical drives.

I am not familiar with the Dell R710 but I would verify that the R710 supports SLES10/SP2 then look at the Dell documentation to determine how to configure a RAID array. Check the Dell website for known issues and make sure BIOS and firmware are up to date.
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.