Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NRM Monitor Server groups

I can access various customer sites via NRM directly, https://url:8009 and login. However if I try to set up a group I cannot add any items whether they are external sites or even my other internal servers. It always tells me I can't authenticate.

Any clue as to why? Can't seem to figure it out.

Martin Stepanek
martin@image"Hyphen"technology"DOT"com
www.image-technology.com
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: NRM Monitor Server groups

Does the server on which you create the group have port 8008 or 8009
access to the other servers?

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.17.6.6)
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks Marcel, thought about that after I sent. Not 100% sure, have to check the BM38 filters but likely the cause. Thanks

>>>

To:novell.support.netware.6x.administration-tools, novell.support.open-enterprise-server.netware.administration-tools
Date: 11/12/2005 3:43:33 pm
Subject: Re: NRM Monitor Server groups

--
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Finally got around to that. Funny thing was I couldn't get one to work between internal servers either. I guess you need to use both 8008 and 8009? I found internally at least (have check external yet) when configuring if I enter the url and change to 8009 from the default of 8008, it doesn't connect. So I created it anyway to check the configuration (Edit object) after the fact. When I did, I noticed that if I clicked on the object to open NRM it was trying to resolve to port 8010. So it alway increments 1 port. Leave it at 8008 and it NRM is redirected 8009. So I assume I'm going to have to have external servers able to listen on 8008 and 8009 as well. Monitors on 8008 and opens nrm in 8009 is that how it's supposed to work?

>>>

From: Martin Stepanek<Martin.REMOVE@DELETE.image-technology.com>
To:novell.support.netware.6x.administration-tools, novell.support.open-enterprise-server.netware.administration-tools
Date: 11/15/2005 1:20:01 pm
Thanks Marcel, thought about that after I sent. Not 100% sure, have to check the BM38 filters but likely the cause. Thanks

>>>

Date: 11/12/2005 3:43:33 pm

--
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.