UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NSS disk space lost is back

Hi all: One of my servers is again showing a problem with an NSS volume where the amount of space OES thinks the volume has used is grossly more than the actual amount stored on the volume. The server is running OES2 sp3 and is up-to-date with patches. Currently over 40 GB of disk space usage is unaccounted. OES says the volume has 90 GB used, while it really only have about 50 GB of data stored. I can fix this by a simple dis/re-mount of the volume but this must be done at night, and of course does not SOLVE the underlying problem, of which I have no idea.

I have posted about this before but was unable to come to a resolution. So, anyone seen this issue? Have a fix? Thanks, Chris.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

only thing I don't think I can see mention to on your previous thread is whether you have run a check on your NSS pool

you want to look at 16.2.3 which is all about pool verify, metadata and so on (that's if you havn't already done this)

Novell Documentation

does linux see any free space if you run the df command, or is it just the NSS / NCP / OES tools that show the wrong amount of available space

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Chris;2260765 wrote:
Hi all: One of my servers is again showing a problem with an NSS volume where the amount of space OES thinks the volume has used is grossly more than the actual amount stored on the volume. The server is running OES2 sp3 and is up-to-date with patches. Currently over 40 GB of disk space usage is unaccounted. OES says the volume has 90 GB used, while it really only have about 50 GB of data stored. I can fix this by a simple dis/re-mount of the volume but this must be done at night, and of course does not SOLVE the underlying problem, of which I have no idea.

I have posted about this before but was unable to come to a resolution. So, anyone seen this issue? Have a fix? Thanks, Chris.

Could you elaborate a little more as to what you mean when you say that OES reports 90 GB

Which tools are you using (NRM, iManager, NSSMU, Novell Client)
I'm assuming this is NSS?

If Using Novell Client, which client are you using?

What are your volume attributes?
What's the purgeable space?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.