jnlickey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NW6.5 sp4 upgrade to sp8

I have run the server health check for installing NW 6.5 sp 8 and once it completed it stated:
1) TCPIP Encryption Level Check Failed. Status - Failed
2) Repair Schema: Error copying DS prep files Status - Warning
3) Extend Schema: Error copying DS prep files Status - Warning

I have checked Novell's Knowledgebase for these errors and have not found any solutions. Does anyone out there have any ideas on how to resolve these. I did find a TCPIP patch and applied that in hopes on resolving the first error. We also updated the schema using the sp8 DVD from a networked workstation.

I am wondering if the copying of DS prep files error would be from the fact that I had to create two CD's from the one DVD in order to get the server to read the discs. Our server has no USB connections and we only have a CD-ROM drive. Hence the two CD's needed.

Any help would be appreciated!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: NW6.5 sp4 upgrade to sp8

I suspect you are using the wrong implementation of SP8, you are trying to use the overlay install which is only for a new server (I am assuming you are doing an inplace upgrade).

What you need from here NOVELL: Downloads - NetWare 6.5 SP8 e Media Kit is the NW65SP8.zip file. Get it onto the server's SYS volume in its own directory, unload Java, run NWCONFIG and point it to the new directory, and follow the bouncing ball. Allow it to update drivers, and to do a backup just in case.

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
jnlickey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: NW6.5 sp4 upgrade to sp8

I will try this and see. Thanks for your suggestion!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.