Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
seeknknowlege Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NW6.5SP7-"NICI CSS: Fatal Initialization error"

Hi, Im installing NW6.5sp7 on an IBM Intellistation M Pro 6218. It has an 80gb SATA hd, 1gb RAM, P4 3ghz processor.

The error "NICI CSS: Fatal Initialization error. Controlled Cryptography Services are not available" repeatedly occurs at the presentation of the NSS Mgmnt utility during the install; The sys volume never mounts and the install reboots the machine and halts at the aforementioned error msg.

I have ran diags. on the unit w/o any failures or faults. Has anyone ran across this before?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
beelsr Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: NW6.5SP7-"NICI CSS: Fatal Initialization error"

seeknknowlege;1490617 wrote:
Hi, Im installing NW6.5sp7 on an IBM Intellistation M Pro 6218. It has an 80gb SATA hd, 1gb RAM, P4 3ghz processor.

The error "NICI CSS: Fatal Initialization error. Controlled Cryptography Services are not available" repeatedly occurs at the presentation of the NSS Mgmnt utility during the install; The sys volume never mounts and the install reboots the machine and halts at the aforementioned error msg.

I have ran diags. on the unit w/o any failures or faults. Has anyone ran across this before?

Your NICI didn't get installed correctly and is corrupt.

10065538: Reinstalling NICI - the short version is the "how to reinstall NICI" tid...

-- Cheers! Richard Beels ~ Network Consultant ~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS
0 Likes
seeknknowlege Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I didnt think this would apply since it refers to NW5, but I will give it a shot
0 Likes
beelsr Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

seeknknowlege;1497437 wrote:
I didnt think this would apply since it refers to NW5, but I will give it a shot

process is the same. let us know how it goes....

-- Cheers! Richard Beels ~ Network Consultant ~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS
0 Likes
Marcel_Cox Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sounds to me that zou have some fundementally incompatibility between NetWare and the hardware you are trying to install it on. More specifically your disk controller may not be properly supported. What you might try is to check your computers BIOS to see if it has some legacy modus for your SATA controller.
BTW the NICI error is typical for a missing SYS volume. It is not the cause of your problem but just a symptom of it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.