jeff12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NW6.5SP8 USB Keyboard and Mouse do not work after upgrading

We upgraded a Dell PowerEdge 2900 from NW 6.5 SP 7 to SP8a and the USB keyboad and mouse stopped working. Any ideas if there is a new CAD file or should I copy the CAD file from the sp7 backup directory and replace it in the NWServer/Drivers folder. I have looked high and low and can find no one else who has this problem with SP8.

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
jgray Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: NW6.5SP8 USB Keyboard and Mouse do not work after upgrad

I would just copy the old file from SP7 and use them.

jgray
0 Likes
jeff12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Tried that.. No luck. It appears to be the Mega_SAS. Im going to compare it to the old one from SP7
0 Likes
skapanen2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: NW6.5SP8 USB Keyboard and Mouse do not work after upgrading

On 24.02.2011 01:36, jeff12 wrote:
>
> Tried that.. No luck. It appears to be the Mega_SAS. Im going to
> compare it to the old one from SP7

that relates to the raid controller..

have you updated the PE2900 bios at any point?
there were some issues.

-sk

HAMK University - OES, NW, GW, NCS, eDir, Zen, IDM, NSL - www.hamk.fi
0 Likes
jeff12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That was the first thing we thought of after we did the upgrade. So we downloaded the latest bios for the server and applied. Still nothing. Obviously, when the installation did a discovery and loaded the necessary drivers, it either loaded the wrong driver for the usb or did not load it. I am debating whether to uninstall the SP8 and then try reinstalling it to see if there is a different result. We can access the computer from remote access, but if the network was down or the network card on the server fails.. we are screwed!
0 Likes
jeff12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Figured it out! We had applied a patch about a year or two ago for particular dell servers (PowerEdge 2900 2950 etc) The patch included 3 files ehcidrv.cad, ohcidrv.cad and uhcidrv.cad. When we applied SP8a, it deleted those files (even though the SP said that patch was included in this release. Recopied those three files and the usb ports began working again!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.