Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
823 views

Named errors w/NW65

After upgrading to NW 6.5, I continue to see these errors on the Named

console sometimes when a zone transfer in is taking place.

jnl: journal file corrupt
unable to update the journal log attribute in the eDirectory

The DNS servers are secondary servers, the primary is a AIX server
running bind 8.2.

The DNS zone is partitioned and the DNS servers have a replica of thepartition on them

The Active secondary is fine, it's the passive secondaries that this
occurs on.

Thanks,

Al



Al Hidalgo, MCNE
Senior Analyst
Information Technologies
University of NM Hospitals
ahidalgo@salud.unm.edu





Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Named errors w/NW65

In article <gwftb.1480$I04.1249@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Al
Hidalgo wrote:
> After upgrading to NW 6.5, I continue to see these errors...
>

Is that to say you were seeing them prior to the upgrade?

> The DNS zone is partitioned and the DNS servers have a replica of

the
> partition on them
>

I'm not sure this matters, but do they have a replica of the root
partition? If not, can you add one, at least for testing purposes?

> The Active secondary is fine, it's the passive secondaries that this


> occurs on.
>

Please explain Active vs. Passive secondary...???

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp
www.InsightNetSolutions.net




0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Named errors w/NW65

Hi Brad,

I never had any errors with NW 6 and I just added a replica of root to
the
box for testing purposes. I will let you know if they go away.

With the NW 6.5 named, is there a way to display the same info that we
saw
on NW 6?

Thanks,

Al




>>> Brad Doster<bd@NSCSysOps.net> 11/17/03 8:15:45 AM >>>

In article <gwftb.1480$I04.1249@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Al
Hidalgo wrote:
> After upgrading to NW 6.5, I continue to see these errors...
>

Is that to say you were seeing them prior to the upgrade?

> The DNS zone is partitioned and the DNS servers have a replica of

the
> partition on them
>

I'm not sure this matters, but do they have a replica of the root
partition? If not, can you add one, at least for testing purposes?

> The Active secondary is fine, it's the passive secondaries that this


> occurs on.
>

Please explain Active vs. Passive secondary...???

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp
www.InsightNetSolutions.net







0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Named errors w/NW65

In article <Kawub.3958$I04.1752@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Al
Hidalgo
wrote:
> I just added a replica of root to the
> box for testing purposes. I will let you know if they go away.
>

OK, sounds good.

> With the NW 6.5 named, is there a way to display the same info that

we saw
> on NW 6?
>

I still haven't acquired a box to play with 6.5 on, so I can't check,
but
you might try NAMED /? or something similar to see what options or
available.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp
www.InsightNetSolutions.net




0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Named errors w/NW65

there is documentation at http://www.novell.com/documentation go to
NW6.5, search for "NAMED OPTIONS" there is an entry called something
like NAMED Command Line Options, it will detail the new parameters for 6.5,
the CURRENT NLM will not log to the screen (only a file), there will be an
NLM released that will log to screen and file with Support Pack 1, I
believe.

>>> Brad Doster<bd@NSCSysOps.net> 2003-11-18 22:17:57 >>>


In article <Kawub.3958$I04.1752@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Al
Hidalgo
wrote:
> I just added a replica of root to the
> box for testing purposes. I will let you know if they go away.
>

OK, sounds good.

> With the NW 6.5 named, is there a way to display the same info that

we saw
> on NW 6?
>

I still haven't acquired a box to play with 6.5 on, so I can't check,
but
you might try NAMED /? or something similar to see what options or available.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp
www.InsightNetSolutions.net

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Named errors w/NW65

Thanks SKye. I probably should have mentioned the docs to Al as well.


Interesting that it logs only to a file now -- sort of reversing
directions from prior versions -- who's on first? <g>.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp
www.InsightNetSolutions.net




0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.