Highlighted
rkatcher Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need help removing evms

I am hoping someone can help me. I know very little linux admin so this is a real hand holding project. I set up a server with most of the disk space managed by evms. It turns out that that space isn't being used and my iFolder is out of space on its volume. I would like to remove evms and add that space to iFolder. Can someone point me in the right direction on this? An acceptable alternative would be to help me move the iFolder data to the evms managed volume. Thanks.
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Need help removing evms

Are you using NSS on that server?

I don't think one really removes EVMS. I think what you're really asking is how to remove a particular PARTITION that's being managed by EVMS (usually an NSS partition unless you accidentally setup a single disk/device and used EVMS during the install).
0 Likes
rkatcher Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Now that you said it, it sounds obvious. So I guess the questions are 1) how to remove the NSS partition, and 2) how to make that space available to the iFolder partition. Thanks for your clarification.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Ah, okay, a little easier

First, I am making some assumptions here:

1) You have no data on the NSS partition you wish to keep (or you have backed it up)
2) When you setup NSS, you did so on a "dedicated" device/LUN/disk/logical drive, etc. (varies depending upon your hardware)

THAT being said, you can use either nssmu or iManager -> Storage
to dismount the volume (or deactivate the pool) and then delete the partition

I'm not 100% sure, however, after deleting the partition if you can simply fire up Partitioner in Yast to create an EXT3 (for example) partition on that same device. Mainly because I've never done it.

Alternatively, there is a TID/document somewhere that says how to get iFolder to work with NSS after the fact (ie, after you installed it)--I believe. If you want that route, probably best to ask/check over in the iFolder forum.
0 Likes
rkatcher Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK, there are two paths here. My original intent was to have iFolder on the NSS partition. Let me start by looking for that TID on getting iFolder working on NSS after the fact. If that proves not the way to go, I'll be back here. Thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.