Highlighted
jpeteet
New Member.

Netware 6.0 BM 3.7 eDir update or not?

I am installing a new Netware 6.0 server to be used with BM 3.7. I found Craig Johnsons BM 3.7 installation patch sequence.

Current BorderManager Patches

However it says to update eDirectory 8.6 or 8.7 & edir8739.exe patch. It appears that after all the patching (up to this point) the eDirectory sits at version 8.6.2. Do I need to update to a newer version? How do I get an updated version? What version will work and not blow my whole installation up?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware 6.0 BM 3.7 eDir update or not?

You get eDir 8.7.3 here NOVELL: Downloads - eDirectory 8.7.3 Platform-Specific Downloads and the latest patch for it 8.7.3.10 FTF1 here NOVELL: Downloads - eDirectory 8.7.3 SP10 FTF1 for NetWare

They will work on NW 6.0 (although it's long unsupported, and so the current eDir patch is untested on NW 6.0). Whether they will work with, or a really required by, BM 3.7 I have no idea. I'd suggest you ask that over in the BM forum (although I know Craig is away until March), but unless there's an actual requirement for 8.7.3.x I'd leave it as you have it.

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
jpeteet
New Member.

Re: Netware 6.0 BM 3.7 eDir update or not?

Ok I will go ahead without that particular update. If I get stuck I may come back and add it. Thank you for the help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.