Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Netware 6.5 SP8 Abend

Hi everyone....

This morning, my 4 Netware 6.5 SP8 servers in the same cluster crashed with the same abend. Checked the attached file abend.log

Someone can help me identify the problem?

Thanks in advance....
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware 6.5 SP8 Abend

You seem to be having the same issues as in this thread http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-netware/oes-nw-abends-hangs/376120-abend-comn-nss-nw-6-5-7-nss-b-patch.html and the advice is the same - you need to submit a coredump of the abend to Novell, as the versin of NSS and CIFS you have is suposed to fix this problem.

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Andrew....

I'm not familiar with that.

Can you explain me how can i send this to Novell?

ataubman;1854450 wrote:
You seem to be having the same issues as in this thread http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-netware/oes-nw-abends-hangs/376120-abend-comn-nss-nw-6-5-7-nss-b-patch.html and the advice is the same - you need to submit a coredump of the abend to Novell, as the versin of NSS and CIFS you have is suposed to fix this problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you have a maintenance contract with Novell, you log a formal support call with them and submit the dump to the engineer handling your call. If you do not, you log a call with Arrow ECS Novell Support Request Page and submit it to them.

Note that other thread with this problem says that they deleted and recreated the affected volume, and that seems to have fixed it. It should not be necessary at all, of course, but that may be a way forward for you too.

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.