Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware 6.5 doesn't start after install

http://developer.novell.com/yessearch/Search.jsp
--
Andrew C Taubman
Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
http://support.novell.com/forums
(Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware 6.5 doesn't start after install


what happened when you ran startup.ncf?

post the contents of the startup.ncf file as well...


--
Cheers!
Richard Beels
~ Network Consultant
~ Sysop, Novell Support Connection
~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware 6.5 doesn't start after install

>
> what happened when you ran startup.ncf?
>
> post the contents of the startup.ncf file as well...
>
>
> --
> Cheers!
> Richard Beels
> ~ Network Consultant
> ~ Sysop, Novell Support Connection
> ~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS
>
>


10x guys, i solve the problem (changed the SATA with PATA),
but now i cant install corectly nowell netware.
When i install NW6.5 by default conf, I can't access nothing via
http://localhost:8008 or http://localhost:8009.
2. I cant log in in ConsoleOne- when i click on login doesen't happenwd
anything.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware 6.5 doesn't start after install


so, you're saying that the install went OK and the server boots and
loads normally but you cannot remotely admin the server with NRM or C1?

Can you login to the tree from a workstation? if so, does consoleone
work then?

when you were running the install, there was a point where it asked you
to specify the admin account name and context and give it the password.
twice. make sure you have those values correct.

if you click the trees & context buttons in the client login dialog, it
should show the tree and the contexts in the tree. does it?

if you point an ldap client at the server, you should be able to browse
(some of) the tree via ldap and could (re)discover where the admin user
is (if you've forgotten)....


--
Cheers!
Richard Beels
~ Network Consultant
~ Sysop, Novell Support Connection
~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware 6.5 doesn't start after install

>
> so, you're saying that the install went OK and the server boots and
> loads normally but you cannot remotely admin the server with NRM or C1?
>
> Can you login to the tree from a workstation? if so, does consoleone
> work then?


When i start consoleone and click to NDS Authentificate the window with
login doesn't appear.
>
> when you were running the install, there was a point where it asked you
> to specify the admin account name and context and give it the password.
> twice. make sure you have those values correct.


I'm shure about this

> if you click the trees & context buttons in the client login dialog, it
> should show the tree and the contexts in the tree. does it?
>
> if you point an ldap client at the server, you should be able to browse
> (some of) the tree via ldap and could (re)discover where the admin user
> is (if you've forgotten)....


i scan ports with nmap, but all ports are closed(filtered). 8008;8009...

>
>
> --
> Cheers!
> Richard Beels
> ~ Network Consultant
> ~ Sysop, Novell Support Connection
> ~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS
>
>


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Netware 6.5 doesn't start after install


can you login from a workstation via the Red N in the system tray, i.e.
the novell client?


--
Cheers!
Richard Beels
~ Network Consultant
~ Sysop, Novell Support Connection
~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.