Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Netware backupexec XP workstation

Hi - I have been trying to enable backup of the internal drive of an XP (sp2) workstatsion to the central backup unit on our 2 server cluster. The backup software is Backupexec 9.1 and is on Server2 or the system.

I have enabled the TSA software on the XP workstation and it is running (Started) in the services section of the XP modules.

When I scan for new clients on Server2 via Backupexec it is detected, but when I try a sample backup of the Workstation through Backupexec I cannot login to the Workstation TSA from the Backupexec console.
ERROR - Unable to log into Server2 Workstation. Enter another user name and password (if I use any netware usernames), if I continue and use the station Administrator username/password I get:

ERROR Password Failure - press any key to continue

When I do this I can submit a backup job, which them fails with the ERROR Unable to communicate with the Target server (24711)
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Haven't looked at this for years, but the best doco I can find is here. If you go to the very end of that page it talks about how to set up the TSA target on the workstation , including allowing the backup user ID.

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.