Highlighted
MNefs
New Member.

Netware monitor utility in OES2 Linux???

I just upgraded a customer from NW 5 to OES2 Linux. Their primary app is a DOS based manuf/acct system which is about 12 years old. They have no desire to upgrade or move to another app.

Here is the issues:

The customer is looking for a utility that will tell them who is currently logged in and what files they currently have open. This is very important to them for running reports and need exclusive access to the DOS app.

The next issue is that they would like to see a list of users that are currently logged into the server.

In simple terms they want monitor.nlm in the Linux world.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Mike
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Netware monitor utility in OES2 Linux???

mnefs;2063749 wrote:
I just upgraded a customer from NW 5 to OES2 Linux. Their primary app is a DOS based manuf/acct system which is about 12 years old. They have no desire to upgrade or move to another app.

Here is the issues:

The customer is looking for a utility that will tell them who is currently logged in and what files they currently have open. This is very important to them for running reports and need exclusive access to the DOS app.

The next issue is that they would like to see a list of users that are currently logged into the server.

In simple terms they want monitor.nlm in the Linux world.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Mike

Hi Mike,

On OES2 there are a couple of tools...

As replacement for monitor in what they'd like to see, I'd suggest using Remote Manager (NoRM), which they can find at https://<serverip>:8009

On the console, there is ncptop , looks a bit like monitor but more intended to show different NCP statistics- but there I'd recommend using NoRM too.

Other usefull commands to see what's going on could be the Linux commands top and lsof, depending on what you are looking to find and see.

There are other options, but again, I think NoRM is what they'd be looking for at first instance.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

mnefs;2063749 wrote:
... who is currently logged in and what files they currently have open. This is very important to them for running reports and need exclusive access to the DOS app..

More specifically for this one, look in NoRM > goto the Manager Server , look at the configured NCP volumes and click in the I in front of the volume to see a list of open files and who has them open (also also clear the connection).

More info can be find in the Novell Online Documentation : Novell Documentation
0 Likes
skapanen2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 12.01.2011 05:06, mnefs wrote:
>
> In simple terms they want monitor.nlm in the Linux world.

me too.. 😃

-sk

HAMK University - OES, NW, GW, NCS, eDir, Zen, IDM, NSL - www.hamk.fi
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.