Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
boblmartens Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

New install of Windows 10 and OES Client errors out with Internal error -1497

I have a new Surface Pro 7 I am working with and just refreshed Windows 10 so that I can verify, but with an install of OES Client 2 SP4 (IR12) and attempting to log into our OES 2015 SP1 servers I am running into a security message I cannot get past (Internal error -1497 0xFFFFFA27).I attempted to reinstall, restart, messed with the NICI directories (which do not have folders for usernames), and other troubleshooting steps and no luck on anything.

Has anyone else run into this or know what I should be looking at doing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: New install of Windows 10 and OES Client errors out with Internal error -1497

Try the suggestions in this thread (below) Make sure you do the deteltions with full rights.
https://community.microfocus.com/t5/OES-User-Discussions/1497-error-on-Novell-Client-2-sp1-Windows-7/td-p/2546940
0 Likes
boblmartens Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: New install of Windows 10 and OES Client errors out with Internal error -1497

So I went ahead and did a fresh install of Windows 10 Education 1909 today just to test it out and installing the OES Client and attempting to login still shows the same error message as I listed above. The one user I have on the machine was created on install and is an admin. I tried both IR12 and IR11.

Any insights into what I should be trying next? Reading the link you provided it seems that those issues should not be present on a fresh install.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Someone who knows far more than I do, suggested you try this: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=3576402

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.