Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1011 views

No DHCP Objects but DHCP works

Hi There,

One of my guys ran DNIPINST on one of our servers and ever since then we
cannot see our 2 subnets in fact we don't see anything (see attached) can
anyone help me get it back. It looks like he has put the locater, Group &
rootserver in a different context (see attached). Can we point it back to
the correct ones?

Thanks

John.






Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No DHCP Objects but DHCP works

I haven't tried this, but maybe if you shut down DHCP and DNS, then
move the objects, then run DNIPINST -F, it will fix things for you.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No DHCP Objects but DHCP works

Hi Brad,

I found that if I used dnsdhcp.exe -c o=cts

Is there way of pointing NDS to use the DNSDHCP catalog that is the old
context instead of using the new ones that were insalled?

John.

"Brad Doster" <bd@NSCSysOps.net> wrote in message
news:VA.00003379.10c17e3a@nscsysops.net...
>I haven't tried this, but maybe if you shut down DHCP and DNS, then
> move the objects, then run DNIPINST -F, it will fix things for you.
>
> bd
> NSC Volunteer SysOp
>
>



0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No DHCP Objects but DHCP works

In article <ZWXLe.5440$RK5.499@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, John Brines
wrote:
> I found that if I used dnsdhcp.exe -c o=cts
>

Generally if you need to use that, you have 2 locators, etc. in different
contexts and need to get rid of one set of those objects.

> Is there way of pointing NDS to use the DNSDHCP catalog that is the old
> context instead of using the new ones that were insalled?
>

Once you delete the objects that should not be in the tree (the new ones,
it seems), then it should start finding the correct objects without the -c
switch.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No DHCP Objects but DHCP works

Brad,

I thought that might be the case, just wanted to make sure and get a second
opinion.

Thanks again

John.

"Brad Doster" <bd@NSCSysOps.net> wrote in message
news:VA.0000339a.2799140a@nscsysops.net...
> In article <ZWXLe.5440$RK5.499@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, John Brines
> wrote:
>> I found that if I used dnsdhcp.exe -c o=cts
>>

> Generally if you need to use that, you have 2 locators, etc. in different
> contexts and need to get rid of one set of those objects.
>
>> Is there way of pointing NDS to use the DNSDHCP catalog that is the old
>> context instead of using the new ones that were insalled?
>>

> Once you delete the objects that should not be in the tree (the new ones,
> it seems), then it should start finding the correct objects without the -c
> switch.
>
> bd
> NSC Volunteer SysOp
>
>



0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No DHCP Objects but DHCP works

No problem

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.