Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No login script, no mapped drives.

Windows 7 professional, Novell Client 2 sp1 for Windows 7.

We have network drives mapped in login script, works fine with XP and 2000. But when I log in with Windows 7, I get no login script results and no mapped drives.

If I log in again (right click the red N, Novell login), the login scrip results show and the network drives are mapped.

UAC if turned off.

Is there a way to get login script working?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No login script, no mapped drives.

When we had this problem it was because we used zenworks 10 image the machines, and for some reason it is not changing the name everywhere it needs to in the registry.

The fix for us was to set HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultDomainName to match the current computer name.

We did not ever have this trouble with XP. 😕
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No login script, no mapped drives.

thomas-j;1933325 wrote:
The fix for us was to set HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultDomainName to match the current computer name.

We did not ever have this trouble with XP. 😕

Thank you for your advice.

I checked the registry setting, but it was already as it should be. Looks like Windows made it automatically after I applied "Enabling AutoAdminLogon" descriped here.

I also haven't ever had this trouble with XP or 2000.

I have also done this:
Login Script Execution Starts Before User’s Desktop

It seems that the problems started after I enabled AutoAdminLogon.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.