Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
whs_alison Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Novell Client 2 (IR5) for windows 7 issue 8884 error code

System is a mixture of NW6.5 NW6.0SP5

I am having troublese with Windows 7. After installing Novell Client 2 (IR5) I can log onto the network successfully, with all drives mapping listed in the login script connectly properly. After that the login fail every time with the following error message:

LOGIN-LGNWNT32-890: The specified server is unknown.
LOGIN-LGNWNT32-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed.
[ROOT H:=WHS_FP01\VOL1:\VOL1\STAFF\ADMIN]
The error code was 8884.

Can anyone help me please? Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
whs_alison Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell Client 2 (IR5) for windows 7 issue 8884 error cod

Just adding some more information to the post:
I can successfully login every time if the Tree/Context/and server details are set to NOT save after a successful login (via the Client properties).
But this would mean that the user would have to populate these fields every time they login - which obviously is not ideal.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell Client 2 (IR5) for windows 7 issue 8884 error cod

WHS_FP01\VOL1:\VOL1\STAFF\ADMIN

Is that the correct path? Both the volume and the first directory are called VOL1 ?

Can we see the complete login script please?

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
rolflidvall Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell Client 2 (IR5) for windows 7 issue 8884 error code

"Login script drive mappings fail with errors on Windows 7"
http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=7007909&sliceId=1

Regards
Rolf Lidvall
Swedish Radio (Ltd)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.