Techlord Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Novell Client - Windows 7 - No drives Mapping on reboot.

I am tearing my hair out on this one. I have tried every client from Novell Client SP1 IR8 to the newest Novell Client 2 SP2, newest IR, and I cannot get the drives to map on an initial login. If I go to the red N in windows 7 (In the new task bar) right click and loginm no problems...but if I reboot, and login to novell, and into the computer, drives will not map, they only map from the desktop.

I have tried:

1. All newest novell clients (Novell client 2 SP2 newest IR packs)
2. Some old windows 7 novell clients (Novell Client 2 SP1 IR7 and above)
3. Loaded GPEDIT.msc, LOCAL COMPUTER-->Administrative Templeates-->System Settings-->Scripts-->Run Login Scripts Syncronously
4. Tried Totally uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 7 client(s)

Well, still no dice..any suggestions...torches are being lit
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell Client - Windows 7 - No drives Mapping on reboot.

Have you tried using the IP address instead of the Server name? - which may indicate an issue with DNS or your "hosts" file on the Windows 7 PC.
Try reinstalling the Novell client and select 'custom' to only use "IP" for the connections for your Client-to-Server logins.

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
(eDirectory Management and Reporting)
eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory
0 Likes
Techlord Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We always use the ip address, even though we have DNS set up and resolving perfectly, we choose to always use server ip address.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you open another program or drop to a CMD prmopt, are your drives there?

There are a couple of mapping issues.

On 3/23/2012 5:06 PM, Techlord wrote:
>
> We always use the ip address, even though we have DNS set up and
> resolving perfectly, we choose to always use server ip address.
>
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Novell Just released a newer Client for Windows 7, 2008 & Vista - - - A post by smflood - - Novell Client 2 SP2 (IR2) for Windows now available

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
(eDirectory Management and Reporting)
0 Likes
jimbjorklund Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Maybe it has something to do with "Network Provider Order": Is there a way to change network provider order in Windows 7? - Microsoft Answers
We have experienced problems with drivers not getting mapped after installing Adobe Creative Suite which put something called adobe drive first in the "Network Provider Order" list
0 Likes
Absent Member.

jimbjorklund;2186047 wrote:
Maybe it has something to do with "Network Provider Order": Is there a way to change network provider order in Windows 7? - Microsoft Answers
We have experienced problems with drivers not getting mapped after installing Adobe Creative Suite which put something called adobe drive first in the "Network Provider Order" list

I have the "NetWare Services" listed as my first provider and "Microsoft Windows Network" as my fourth - - my Win7 PC is also logging into a 2008 AD Domain.

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
0 Likes
eric_ebs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I know this is an old post, but we just had a very similar(same) problem, and found the following fix which seemed a bit obscure.

We fixed the drive mapping issue by updating the following Reg key which apparently didn't get updated after changing the local computer name on the machine.

Reg path is: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\

Change the key DefaultDomainName to the current computer name. Once this was updated the login scripts/mapped drives worked flawlessly. HTH
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.