Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
5614 views

Novell GUI

What is the command to start the Novell GUI from the server system
prompt. The GUI automatically opens when booting. If I close it and then
later decide to start it again, I don't know the command from the server
prompt.

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell GUI

Startx.ncf

Peter

> What is the command to start the Novell GUI from the server system
> prompt. The GUI automatically opens when booting. If I close it and then
> later decide to start it again, I don't know the command from the server
> prompt.
>
> Thanks



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell GUI


Startx

Jose, CNI/CNE

khigginbotham@bop.gov Wrote:
> What is the command to start the Novell GUI from the server system
> prompt. The GUI automatically opens when booting. If I close it and
> then
> later decide to start it again, I don't know the command from the
> server
> prompt.
>
> Thanks



--
JoseSalviati
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell GUI

Thanks so very much. Too old to remember all these little things:-)

> Startx.ncf
>
> Peter
>
> > What is the command to start the Novell GUI from the server system
> > prompt. The GUI automatically opens when booting. If I close it and

then
> > later decide to start it again, I don't know the command from the

server
> > prompt.
> >
> > Thanks

>
>


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell GUI

Thank you Sir....

>
> Startx
>
> Jose, CNI/CNE
>
> khigginbotham@bop.gov Wrote:
> > What is the command to start the Novell GUI from the server system
> > prompt. The GUI automatically opens when booting. If I close it and
> > then
> > later decide to start it again, I don't know the command from the
> > server
> > prompt.
> >
> > Thanks

>
>
> --
> JoseSalviati


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell GUI

I know the feeling 🙂
NP

Peter


> Thanks so very much. Too old to remember all these little things:-)
>
>> Startx.ncf
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> > What is the command to start the Novell GUI from the server system
>> > prompt. The GUI automatically opens when booting. If I close it and

> then
>> > later decide to start it again, I don't know the command from the

> server
>> > prompt.
>> >
>> > Thanks

>>
>>

>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell GUI

> I know the feeling 🙂

Don't we all, I've forgotten more than I ever learned...

--
Barry Schnur
Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell GUI

Sorry Barry, but I have no clue what it would feel like ;-))
Feeling quite young now with my 28 years :))

Cheers,
Edward

"Barry Schnur" <BSchnur@cox.net> wrote in message
news:MPG.1da61800f1379b9d98c69f@support-forums.novell.com...
>> I know the feeling 🙂

>
> Don't we all, I've forgotten more than I ever learned...
>
> --
> Barry Schnur
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell GUI

> Don't we all, I've forgotten more than I ever learned...
>


Hey, shouldn't you be at the SysOp camp ? <g>

Peter


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell GUI

> Hey, shouldn't you be at the SysOp camp ? <g>
>

Timing didn't work for me this year -- so I'll be around next week
creating trouble.


--
Barry Schnur
Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell GUI

> Timing didn't work for me this year -- so I'll be around next week
> creating trouble.


So will I. Let's hold the fort !

Peter


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell GUI


it's easy to remember if you just _comment_ it out in the autoexec
rather than removing it completely... 🙂


--
Cheers!
Richard Beels
~ Network Consultant
~ Sysop, Novell Support Connection
~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell GUI

> So will I. Let's hold the fort !
>

There should be a few of us out here -- including Andrew, Joseph,
Richard and myself in the 6x areas.

I've missed a bunch of the retreats over the years, but haven't missed
a single Brainshare in SLC since I joined the program.


--
Barry Schnur
Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell GUI

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 06:27:33 +0000, Barry Schnur wrote:

> There should be a few of us out here -- including Andrew, Joseph, Richard
> and myself in the 6x areas.


I'm here as well 😞


--
//Niclas Ekstedt
____________________________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
InfraSystems Solutions
____________________________________________
(Sorry, support is not provided via email)

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell GUI


welcome back. 😉


--
Cheers!
Richard Beels
~ Network Consultant
~ Sysop, Novell Support Connection
~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.