Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Novell Login Script Command Question - Windows Domain

I have a question about Novell login scripts running on Windows XP Professional.

Is there a way to run a command during the Novell login script that checks to see if the computer is a member of a Windows domain or not? We have a situation where we have to map a couple of Windows server shares to XP clients using the Novell login script, but we want to use different mapping commands based on the client PC domain membership. I read the Novell Login Script doc but wasn't able to come up with anything concrete.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell Login Script Command Question - Windows Domain

geenick,

> Is there a way to run a command during the Novell login script that
> checks to see if the computer is a member of a Windows domain or not?

Nothing specific that I'm aware of, but you could test the UserDomain
environemnt variable to see if it matches your domain.

Something like:

IF "%<USERDOMAIN>" == "OurDomain" Then
ELSE
END

H.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell Login Script Command Question - Windows Domain

As Hamish points out, drop to a DOS prompt on your XP system, type SET (then enter). On the resulting screen any of the environment variables shown can be used be used in the login script to perform an action, using the If...Then syntax. The trick will be to chose the variable that is unique and will get you only the systems you want. So grab the SET output from a couple of your systems, look for a similarity, then create your script based upon that specific variable.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.