micgra Absent Member.
Absent Member.
4470 views

Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

Hello,

We get random blue screens on Windows 7 SP1 x64 and Novell Client 2 SP3 IR6.

This bug was supposed to be solved with IR6 but is not.

TID 7014563

Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
17 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

Micgra,
> We get random blue screens on Windows 7 SP1 x64 and Novell Client 2 SP3
> IR6.


Yes, there is an FTF, but it is not publicly available. It fixes a BSOD
happening when you change from wired to WLAN or when waking up from
hibernation. Bug 864467

Can you open an SR?

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
micgra Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

Hello, SR open.
Regards
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

Micgra,
> Hello, SR open.
> Regards


Great. Did you mention the bug # I gave you? Ask for the FTF.

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
micgra Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

Hello, yes. Waiting for the patch.
Regards.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

On 03/14/2014 08:16 AM, micgra wrote:
>
> Hello, yes. Waiting for the patch.
> Regards.
>
>



which number is your sr?
0 Likes
micgra Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

SR # 10882959741
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

On 03/14/2014 10:36 AM, micgra wrote:
>
> SR # 10882959741
>
>


the patch was sent to you yesterday at 11:00 AM, your local time
0 Likes
micgra Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

Not received anyhings. Last message I get was at 11:30

SR # 10882959741's status has been changed to "Monitor." This status means that Technical Services either is awaiting confirmation from you that the proposed solution has indeed worked as expected, or is awaiting resolution to a Defect/Bug Report or Request for Enhancement that was logged as a result of this Service Request.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

On 03/14/2014 01:56 PM, micgra wrote:
>
> Not received anyhings. Last message I get was at 11:30
>
> SR # 10882959741's status has been changed to "Monitor." This status
> means that Technical Services either is awaiting confirmation from you
> that the proposed solution has indeed worked as expected, or is awaiting
> resolution to a Defect/Bug Report or Request for Enhancement that was
> logged as a result of this Service Request.
>
>



it has been resent
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

On 03/14/2014 02:02 PM, Mysterious wrote:
> On 03/14/2014 01:56 PM, micgra wrote:
>>
>> Not received anyhings. Last message I get was at 11:30
>>
>> SR # 10882959741's status has been changed to "Monitor." This status
>> means that Technical Services either is awaiting confirmation from you
>> that the proposed solution has indeed worked as expected, or is awaiting
>> resolution to a Defect/Bug Report or Request for Enhancement that was
>> logged as a result of this Service Request.
>>
>>

>
>
> it has been resent


in case you do not get it, it is attached as well to the sr
0 Likes
jfeyen Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

Mysterious;2311054 wrote:
On 03/14/2014 02:02 PM, Mysterious wrote:
> On 03/14/2014 01:56 PM, micgra wrote:
>>
>> Not received anyhings. Last message I get was at 11:30
>>
>> SR # 10882959741's status has been changed to "Monitor." This status
>> means that Technical Services either is awaiting confirmation from you
>> that the proposed solution has indeed worked as expected, or is awaiting
>> resolution to a Defect/Bug Report or Request for Enhancement that was
>> logged as a result of this Service Request.
>>
>>

>
>
> it has been resent


in case you do not get it, it is attached as well to the sr


When does it gets public? For example the next IR release?
We have the same issue with hibernate and the bluescreen (ncpl.sys).
0 Likes
bczviin
New Member.

Re: Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

I would like to know public availability as well. Our 64-bit W7 computers experience this with no WLAN and no hibernation. Downgrading to IR4 helps, but that isn't the right direction to go... 😞

Thanks
0 Likes
jfeyen Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

At my support ticket they told me , that its in its last beta stage. They think in 2 a 3 weeks it will come out :-).
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Novell client 2 SP3 IR 6 bluescreen (NCPL.SYS)

Jfeyen,
> At my support ticket they told me , that its in its last beta stage.
> They think in 2 a 3 weeks it will come out :-).


FWIW. I run an FTF of that and have not seen a bluescreen since
applying.

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.