UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1358 views

NovellClientProperties.txt file not found

I'm truying to automate the client upgrade in Windows 7 to Cleint2 sp2, AND
change some fo the workstation client properties at the same time.

As per the instructions for the client update I have turned on ACU on the
client, and turned on the update path (trying both a unc and then a mapped
drive as part of my testing).

I have copied the new client into the default location --- as per the path
setting above, and used nciman to create a new NovellClientProperties.txt
file and stored it in the root of the client folder --- with setup.exe and
acu.exe. I have also modified the install.ini inserting
NovellClientPropertiesFile=NovellClientPropertiesFile.txt under novell
client properties file section

When I tirhg click the N and selelct "Update Novell Client" on a workstation
running client2 sp1 I get "No uipdate for novell client could be found"

If I use the run dialog to run acu.exe from the server folder containing the
SP2 files the update starts, but I get and error: " Could not find
NovellCleitnProperties.txt file". the client files are then copied to the
workstation and the update starts, -- with another complaint about not being
able to find the properties file -- and completes successfully. However,
there are no changes to the client properties --- couldn't find the
NovellClientProperties.txt file.

ASnybody got any suggestions?


Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

btimber,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've done these ncpf files a few times, it's possible that the versions that the acu is looking at are the *internal* versions in the install.ini / ncpf.txt file
you may need to check those, possibly upping the minor or major numbers and see if that triggers an update to occur

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Looks like there are 2 issues you are facing here:
a) ACU based update not working
b) Property file changes not being applied when updating the Novell Client.

On a)
btimber;2160081 wrote:

As per the instructions for the client update I have turned on ACU on the
client, and turned on the update path (trying both a unc and then a mapped
drive as part of my testing).


Wanted to double check on if you had explicitly selected the checkbox against 'Update Location' in 'Update Agent' of Novell Client Properites dialog?

On b)
btimber;2160081 wrote:

I have copied the new client into the default location --- as per the path
setting above, and used nciman to create a new NovellClientProperties.txt
file and stored it in the root of the client folder --- with setup.exe and
acu.exe. I have also modified the install.ini inserting
NovellClientPropertiesFile=NovellClientPropertiesF ile.txt under novell
client properties file section
.
.
.

If I use the run dialog to run acu.exe from the server folder containing the
SP2 files the update starts, but I get and error: " Could not find
NovellCleitnProperties.txt file". the client files are then copied to the
workstation and the update starts, -- with another complaint about not being
able to find the properties file -- and completes successfully. However,
there are no changes to the client properties --- couldn't find the
NovellClientProperties.txt file.


Could you confirm that the property file name you have provided in install.ini is same as the one you have created and saved using NCIMAN.exe.
Requesting you to recheck and confirm this is as from your above comment, you seemed to have saved the property file created using NCIMAN.exe as NovellClientProperties.txt but have mentioned to have provided the name in install.ini as NovellClientPropertiesF ile.txt
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.