Kepy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OES 11 SP2 Manually Assign an IP to a MAC

I have search but with no luck
I have the Java DNS-DHCP console up and running but I cannot find a way to assign an IP in the DHCP Pool to a specific MAC

Should I be able to?

How can I get the DHCP server to assign an IP address to a specific MAC of a device?

(Not a space I play in often/if at all)
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: OES 11 SP2 Manually Assign an IP to a MAC

Kepy;2455674 wrote:
I have search but with no luck
I have the Java DNS-DHCP console up and running but I cannot find a way to assign an IP in the DHCP Pool to a specific MAC

Should I be able to?

How can I get the DHCP server to assign an IP address to a specific MAC of a device?

(Not a space I play in often/if at all)

Maybe this: https://www.novell.com/documentation/oes2015/ntwk_dnsdhcp_lx/data/bclypg6.html#bcm022y

Thomas
0 Likes
Kepy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OES 11 SP2 Manually Assign an IP to a MAC

Not sure if the ip I want to assign to MAC should be apart of the IP's identified in the scope that DHCP can use or outside of it.

I am 'playing with' scenarios but have not had success (yet) in getting MAC assigned IP that I want it to have.

Still learning...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.