kthoren Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OES 2 SP1 mixed mode cluster

I have a 5 node cluster 4 NW 6.5 SP8,1 new OES 2 Linux SP2, and edir 8.8 SP5. I'm able to migrate NSS pools from NW to Linux as long as i have CIFS commented out of the load script. i've tried modifying the load script on the Linux node, but everytime I migrate a resource it pulls the script from edir. I thought Linux scripts were not stored in edirectory and could be edited. I know that when all nodes have been migrated that there is a cluster convert script, but I thought you could still modify the scripts until then.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
kthoren Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OES 2 SP1 mixed mode cluster

OES 2 Linux SP1
0 Likes
changju Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It's not allowed to change the scripts/attributes on the Linux side.

If you must modify them for some reasons, you need to down the Linux nodes and edit them on the Netware side.

Regards,

Changju

kthoren;1881652 wrote:
I have a 5 node cluster 4 NW 6.5 SP8,1 new OES 2 Linux SP2, and edir 8.8 SP5. I'm able to migrate NSS pools from NW to Linux as long as i have CIFS commented out of the load script. i've tried modifying the load script on the Linux node, but everytime I migrate a resource it pulls the script from edir. I thought Linux scripts were not stored in edirectory and could be edited. I know that when all nodes have been migrated that there is a cluster convert script, but I thought you could still modify the scripts until then.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
0 Likes
kthoren Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I thought the Linux nodes stored there own copies locally that could be edited. Linux I thought doesn't recognize the NW cifs commands.
0 Likes
changju Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In mixed mode, the scripts are stored in eDir as Netware scripts, but translated to Linux commands right before running on a Linux node.

kthoren;1882483 wrote:
I thought the Linux nodes stored there own copies locally that could be edited. Linux I thought doesn't recognize the NW cifs commands.
0 Likes
kthoren Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So does the Linux node translate the NW cifs commands to Linux? If Cifs is properly configured on the Linux server it should be able to load cluster resources w/cifs enable, am i correct in this assumption?
0 Likes
changju Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I believe so.

kthoren;1883012 wrote:
So does the Linux node translate the NW cifs commands to Linux? If Cifs is properly configured on the Linux server it should be able to load cluster resources w/cifs enable, am i correct in this assumption?
0 Likes
glutch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CIFS in a mixed node cluster is real picky. It has to do with the timing of the volume mount and the loading of CIFS. Your best bet is to get your cluster to an all Linux OS then the CIFS issue will not be a problem.

Also watch out for the DHCP migration from a NetWare Node to an OES2 Linux node. DHCP on Linux doesn't store the lease info in eDirectory but on a file. You will need to create a volume that migrates between nodes and keep it on the linux nodes. Then migrate using the YAST migration tools.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.