joshtstc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OES 2 linux packet signatures

I have an environment with all 10K clients configured with packet signatures set to 3. We have put a couple OES 2 Linux servers into production. We have found no way to set the servers to perform packet signatures level 2 or 3. This is a security concern with us. Is it possible to set OES 2 linux to use packet signatures?

Thank you
Labels (2)
9 Replies
Brunold Rainer
New Member.

Re: OES 2 linux packet signatures

Josh,

it seems that ncp package signature is only available for oes 2 netware.

I will check this for you and come back with information.

Rainer
0 Likes
Brunold Rainer
New Member.

Josh,

I got some answers and would like to ask if you have a support contract with Novell ?

If so I would like to ask you to open a service request on this to report that you have problems with the packet signature and need it on oes 2 linux.

Is this okay for you ?

Rainer
0 Likes
joshtstc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Will that cost $$ ?

brunold;1554518 wrote:
Josh,

I got some answers and would like to ask if you have a support contract with Novell ?

If so I would like to ask you to open a service request on this to report that you have problems with the packet signature and need it on oes 2 linux.

Is this okay for you ?

Rainer
0 Likes
Brunold Rainer
New Member.

Josh,

if you have no service contract, yes it will.
So you have no service contract with eg. a limted number of service requests ?

Rainer
0 Likes
joshtstc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I will find a way to get us the information we need. I suspect that many NetWare users utilize packet signatures to mitigate mitm attacks on NCP.

brunold;1555476 wrote:
Josh,

if you have no service contract, yes it will.
So you have no service contract with eg. a limted number of service requests ?

Rainer
0 Likes
rningram Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can we please have an answer to this question. We also have a government client requiring security set to level 3.

How can we do this on OES2-L!?

/proc?
0 Likes
Brunold Rainer
New Member.

rningram,

it doesn't work with oes 2 linux right now but I heard rumors that sp1 might be support it. I ask my Novell contact if he has some further information.

Rainer
0 Likes
rningram Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok that would be good thanks. Do you know ETA on SP1 if it is in there?

Am I right in assuming its an IP stack issue?
0 Likes
Brunold Rainer
New Member.

rningram,

I got no clear statement about the ncp package signatures and oes 2 sp1.
If you really need it for that customer it would be best to open a service request about it, that could bring more pressure behind it then I can make. If there is a really case from a customer behind they will do more then when just somebody is asking for.

Ca you open a SR ?

Rainer
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.