Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

OES 2015 and Samba

Trying to configure an SMB Share on my new OES 2015 server, I'm using an NSS volume for the Samba share.

/media/nss/DATA1/ -Share name is called SMB

Followed the documentation https://www.novell.com/documentation/oes2015/file_samba_cifs_lx/data/bxv32e8.html

when I checked if my testing user was LUM enabled I did see a positive response from the "id" command

"id testsmb" uid=602 gid=602(oes2015smb-w-sambausergroup) group=602 (oes2015smb-w-sambausergroup)

In the /var/log/messages I did see the following canonicalize_connect_path failed for service testsmb, path /home/testsmb (I did not add a home directory so I assume that is the error message)

When trying to connect from the Windows 7 machine I try to map R: \\192.168.1.248\SMB - I'm presented with the network password field I add in the eDirectory user name = testsmb and the password hitting "ok"and I get R:\ is not accessible - Access is denied

any thoughts?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

while i can't see a valid reason for using this protocol i roughly remember that there's been a requirement for the user to be tied to a universal password policy which allows admin to retrieve passwords. so maybe it's just an assignment issue or someone has tampered with your UP policy.
If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.