Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

OES 2018 SP2 DVD ISO stops downloading at 4 GB and no channel upgrade repositories.

Jump to solution

Is OES 2018 SP2 out yet? i have a DVD iso download like in my customer center. It downloads about 4GB of the 6.5GB DVD iso then quits. Also no channel upgrade repositories are available. is it not ready for download yet?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There was an issue with the back-end system due to which downloads may have failed. Can you please retry?

The upgrade channel is ready and enabler patch will be out in a day. 

Thanks.

https://tinyurl.com/mfoessurvey

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There was an issue with the back-end system due to which downloads may have failed. Can you please retry?

The upgrade channel is ready and enabler patch will be out in a day. 

Thanks.

https://tinyurl.com/mfoessurvey

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Sounds more like a browser issue, some browsers can't handle downloads bigger then 4Gb

I was able to download the whole in one go.

Alex

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

What browsers can you use to download to download this 5.9 GB ISO file? I have tried Edge Firefox 68.6 and Safari. None them work.

0 Likes
What filesystem are you trying to save them to? Maybe you're hitting the 4GB file size limit on an old FAT32 drive?

Mark.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I had a complete download last Tuesday while being at FF 76.0. If you still have problems i'd guess they'd be related to the filesystem, some sort of proxy or even AV.

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Captain
Captain
What file system destination are you downloading to ? OR aren't you downloading to an old FAT16 USB key ?
Some OS's limits file size to 4GB 😉
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.