Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
sl0000
New Member.

OES Client 2 SP4 IR6 stuck at connecting when login win10

Hi

When I update to OES Client 2 SP4 IR6 for Windows 10. I notice that when I login from window 10 that it would stuck at connecting until I hit the enter key for it to spin to log me in.

Currenlty, Using OES 10 SP3.

Any help would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: OES Client 2 SP4 IR6 stuck at connecting when login win

sl0000;2459726 wrote:
Hi

When I update to OES Client 2 SP4 IR6 for Windows 10. I notice that when I login from window 10 that it would stuck at connecting until I hit the enter key for it to spin to log me in.

What was your previous version?

Did it work correctly?

Did you just update the Micro Focus Client for Open Enterprise Server or did you apply other updates to Windows too?
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
mschlawin Contributor.
Contributor.

sl0000;2459726 wrote:
Hi

I am experiencing this same issue. (OES 2015 server) I just imaged a computer using ENGL and put the new OES IR6 client into the build process. The computer imaged just fine, but when I try to log in (network or workstation only) it hangs and I have to do a hard reset. This is a new HP Z400 mini that is showing the problem. I was able to successfully image some HP 8200 Elites

Anyone have an idea?

Matt
0 Likes
sl0000
New Member.

It did work on previous version but when I update from OES Client 2 SP4 to IR6 is when I have this issue. I would stuck at connecting. Also I have update windows 10 to build
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I'm sorry. I haven't been able to find any information regarding this issue.

Perhaps someone else can assist or you can open a Service Request.
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
sl0000
New Member.

When I login to OES 11 SP3, it login when but it stuck at connecting screen. I have to hit any key for it to continue. I notice that when I remove Zenworks Agen 10.4.2 that it does not do that.
0 Likes
gregoryb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am also having serious problems with Windows 10 and logging into a SLES 11 SP4 + OES2015 SP1 server when the computer resumes from sleep. It can simply hang at attempting to log into the network, even if the computer was only logged in locally... when resuming from sleep it appears the client requires a network login, regardless of the state when it was slept.

I used TeamViewer to access the system when I could not get access via the local keyboard and the power button wouldn't even shut it down (i.e. respond to it being pressed, not forced off). The TeamViewer access appeared to interrupt the 'hang' and I noticed there was a message box, apparently hidden before, which indicated that you had to input the user name prior to selecting Advanced settings.

While I could not login, I was able to shut the computer down using the power icon on the Windows startup screen.

I have no problems when accessing the computer using my PIN from a cold boot.

Not sure if this behavior is related to these other issues described in this thread.

Something is really broken here...

Greg
Advansys
0 Likes
johnbaird Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I experienced a similar oddity after installing a recent Windows 10 update. It got stuck logging in to an OES server, but would login fine locally or to a Windows domain. Clicking "Cancel" had no effect, so had to power off. I reinstalled the client to no effect then realized the update had cleared the previous server, tree and container settings. Once I reinstated those under advanced settings, I could log in without problems.

John
0 Likes
rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did anyone find a solution to this yet? I don't have all my laptops doing this type of thing but do have a few that the teachers are complaining hang for 5 minutes. I haven't been able to find one that is that long but the delay is noticeable on the laptops I have checked.
0 Likes
RCanavan
New Member.

This is still happening with OES Client IR12.  Has a solution been found?

0 Likes
iliadmin Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: OES Client 2 SP4 IR6 stuck at connecting when login win10

For what it's worth, I have several systems and the configs for the clients that work are:

Win10 Pro, 1809, build 17763.737, using clients OES 2 SP4 IR8 and IR11.  They all log into an OES 11 SP3 server.  Perhaps trying one of these clients if you are on the same Win 10 version. You don't specify 1809, 1903, etc.

Kind regards,

Val

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.