Commander
Commander

OES DHCP subnet split

Jump to solution

Hi

I have an exist /23 subnet range that I want to split into 2 x /24 subnet ranges.  Is there any way to edit the exist /23 range or is the only option is to delete and recreate both subnets ranges?

Regards

Nancy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

There's no "GUI way" to do this. While you CAN edit the object manually (ConsoleOne, iMan, LDAP) it'll likely be easier and more error-proof to delete / recreate. Remember that it's not just about a subnet object but likely also about pools.

Are you using DDNS?

If you like it: like it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Knowledge Partner

There's no "GUI way" to do this. While you CAN edit the object manually (ConsoleOne, iMan, LDAP) it'll likely be easier and more error-proof to delete / recreate. Remember that it's not just about a subnet object but likely also about pools.

Are you using DDNS?

View solution in original post

Commander
Commander
Yes, DDNS-updates is on.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

This is another reason to delete / recreate subnets and pools. I'd suggest to reduce the lease time to let's say 15 or 30 minutes a few days before you start splitting. If you schedule a downtime (with all clients down) the DDNS entries can cleanup on their own and you won't have to fight with leftovers.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.