Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OES Linux Permissions

I have created an NSS volumn and mounted it. How can I give admin right to use this volumn? Admin is a LUM user. If I su - I can get to this volumn just find. ls -al show that root is the directory and group owner. I have tried chmod ugo=rwx gk7 but that still doesn't give admin rights.

Carl Thomas
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: OES Linux Permissions

cthomas@stlabre.org wrote:
> I have created an NSS volumn and mounted it. How can I give admin right to use this volumn? Admin is a LUM user. If I su - I can get to this volumn just find. ls -al show that root is the directory and group owner. I have tried chmod ugo=rwx gk7 but that still doesn't give admin rights.
>
> Carl Thomas

The Linux permissions you see are only approximated. NSS still uses
trustees. Just give the Admin user supervisor rights to the volume and
he'll be able to access it just fine.

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/qna/2326.html

--
Justin Grote
Network Architect
JWG Networks
0 Likes
Absent Member.

"The Linux permissions you see are only approximated. NSS still uses trustees. Just give the Admin user supervisor rights to the volume and he'll be able to access it just fine."

From the Linux Console I can get into the NSS volumn gw7 as root. When I open ConsoleOne on the Linux box I cannot see my NSS volumn which bt the way is on a second hard drive on the Linux box. So why doesn't it show?

I went to the page link you gave me and read that. That page had a link for more detail see this document but the link just says "HTTP 404" the page cannot be found.

Carl Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Any ideas as to how I can do this?

"The Linux permissions you see are only approximated. NSS still uses trustees. Just give the Admin user supervisor rights to the volume and he'll be able to access it just fine."

From the Linux Console I can get into the NSS volumn gw7 as root. When I open ConsoleOne on the Linux box I cannot see my NSS volumn which bt the way is on a second hard drive on the Linux box. So why doesn't it show?

I went to the page link you gave me and read that. That page had a link for more detail see this document but the link just says "HTTP 404" the page cannot be found.

Carl Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.

So no body knows how to fix this?

"Any ideas as to how I can do this?

I went to the page link you gave me and read that. That page had a link for more detail see this document but the link just says "HTTP 404" the page cannot be found."

Carl Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.