dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OES Re-configuration fails to authenticate

I'm working with an OES11sp2 server, trying to add and configure Novell CIFS. When I click on "Novell CIFS Services" to configure it from the "Novell Open Enterprise Server Configuration" screen it prompts me to authenticate as admin. When I type the password it fails with error 0.

The problem I'm seeing is that it's trying to authenticate against an IP that doesn't exist any longer. The "eDirectory server address or host name" lists two IP's. One is active and accessible but the other is a server that used to be in the tree but has long since been removed. Is there a way to remove that invalid server IP from the configuration wizard? Or is it safe just to continue on, i.e. will it verify the admin credentials against the other server that is valid?

Thanks.

Dan
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: OES Re-configuration fails to authenticate

I'd just try to proceed. Nevertheless, the ldap servers are defined in the /etc/sysconfig/novell/ldap_servers directory, the cifs template is located in /etc/sysconfig/novell, the name starts with "NvlCifs", the rest is version dependent.
0 Likes
dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mathiasbraun;2493286 wrote:
I'd just try to proceed. Nevertheless, the ldap servers are defined in the /etc/sysconfig/novell/ldap_servers directory, the cifs template is located in /etc/sysconfig/novell, the name starts with "NvlCifs", the rest is version dependent.

I found the old IP listed in the /etc/sysconfig/novell/ldap_servers directory, thanks! Is it ok for me to manually add and remove files from this directory?

Thanks for the assistance.

Dan
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Yes. You might just want to move it somewhere else, but generally: yes, you can wipe it.
0 Likes
dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, that did the trick.

Now I'm having trouble with the proxy user authenticating..... one step at a time..
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

That should be easy to resolve. One of these
https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/cool_tools/common-proxy-repair-script-oes11-oes2015-oes2018/
https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7016334
should speed things up if you don't want to do tweak stuff yourself.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.