booktrunk1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OES Script not based on IP Address but original context

Hi.

I'm slightly struggling with this.

We have users in multiple contexts that move around different sites.
I can write login scripts that are based on their IP Address so if you are on X site you will get X drives maps.
BUT, ideally i want them to be presented with the same drives irrespective of where they are, but not all users in the same Context have the same login script.

So am I going to have to give up on global scripts and just manually add a login script to each user.

So for example context is AA

I want them to go to site B and site C and still get exactly the same drives.

Someone who has a context of XX I want to be able to go to different sites and also get their XX script

But our support company have recommended going forward all users are put in a USERS Context ....
Now some of these users will want the same login script as those at site AA, and some will want their context the same as those at XX how do i differentiate to run the different login script. as they could login at each site so using ip address doesn't really help.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
booktrunk1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OES Script not based on IP Address but original context

Ignore me...

I'm being an Idiot in this case i could just create a Group for Each Location and add the users into the Location I want....

Then instead of doing it by IP I do it searching for those groups.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: OES Script not based on IP Address but original context

booktrunk;2500877 wrote:
i could just create a Group for Each Location

That would have been my suggestion...

I don't know how many times, for me, the light suddenly came on a few minutes after pressing "Enter".

Don't worry about it. It happens to the best of us! 😉
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.