Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Commodore
Commodore

OES client corrupts windows 10 login

I installed the latest OES client on an hp notebook twice and after re-booting I could not login to windows. I get Username or password invalid, I rebooted in safe mode and used restore to get my login to work.  I did this two times.

I need the client installed so can anyone help with this issue?

Thank you!

0 Likes
28 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@CSeamons 

It might be helpful is we knew the exact text was reported to Khoros.

When @dpaxton submitted a post, the notification email showed the full post so it was definitely accepted. It just never appeared in the forum.

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@KBOYLE 

This is what I reported to Khoros:

"A user was posting a question to the forums and said his original post was not saved with drafts enabled and it was lost. Some members of the group got the email from the original post and thus the original content but it did not save it to the forum. Here is the link to the thread:

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/OES-User-Discussions/OES-client-corrupts-windows-10-login/td-p/2850581/page/2

I wanted to see if by chance our site was updated to v21.1 or if you might be aware of anything that might be causing this issue?"

Chris Seamons
Community Management
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Greetings friends, I resolved the issue and this is how I did it but it is really just a workaround but I am fine with it.

As I noted earlier, I had previously created another user with admin rights on the notebook that I was able to login with.

Since it was a different user it had it's own profile which was not going to be usable unless I took the time to re-configure it.

SO...

1.) I restored the notebook to a previous version ,

2.) I logged back in with the original account

3.) Downloaded and ran the free version of Forensit   https://www.forensit.com/

4.) Migrated the original login to the new one that uses the same credentials as my network login.

5.) Rebooted

6.) Logged in using the newer credentials - All of the profile information was copied or rather transferred to the new username.

7.) Switched to the original user and it had the original settings of the newer login, so Forensit actually switched the user profiles.

8. ) Under the original profile which was now the same as the new one used to be, I installed the latest OES client.

9. )  Rebooted

10.) Logged in with newer user profile ALL is well

11.) Switched to the other profile.. All is well

NOTE 1  before I logged into the network, I logged in to computer only, and all work fine.

Note 2  An update had been made, maybe more than one to windows before I did this so we won't know which issue got me where I am and I am not going to undo anything to try to find out.

At least it is working now,

From now on I will always create more than one admin account on a windows machine just like I do on a network server to try to make sure I always have a backup login with full admin rights.

Thank you to everyone, I hope you never need this information but if you do, I hope this is at least one solution that will work for you.

David

I will run NetWare until I die....... even though the spell checkers no longer remember how to spell it!

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

@JRoth More information about the issue in case you missed it. I was performing edits to the post when it diapered, Perhaps some key stroke or inadvertent click triggered the forum software to delete the post. I would try to duplicate the problem if there was a sub forum or another place here to do so without being a nuisance. Let me know if you would like me to try.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@dpaxton wrote:

From now on I will always create more than one admin account on a windows machine just like I do on a network server to try to make sure I always have a backup login with full admin rights.

That makes a lot of sense!

I'm glad you got your issue resolved.

Go ahead and mark your post as the solution so everyone will know.

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.