Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OES11 SP1 Preperation - Problems

I am pretty coherent with oes2 SP2, I have many installes under my belt, and have 38 installs/server all connected into a unified tree...I am now doing my testing to go to OES11 SP1...and I am hacing some problems. My install goes fine, and I have OES11 SP1 running like a charm, with all required services. The problem occurs when I go to update it to the newest patches. The documentation says to use this meathod, which a religiously follow:

1. Make sure both OES11sp1 and SUSE11-SP2 are registered properly
2. zypper sl
3. zypper lr (make sure all update pools for oes11sp1 and suse2-sp2 are present)
3. zyper ref -s
4. zypper lu -r SLES11-SP2-Updates -r OES11-SP1-Updates
5. zypper up -t patch -r SLES11-SP2-Updates -r OES11-SP1-Updates
6. Repat Steps 4 and 5 until no patches exist

My problem comes when doing this, sure enough, it always chokes in two weird places:
- Zypper states that the iprint digest is NOT the correct or expected version
- It also chokes on: novell-xtier-base-3.1.10-11.52.1 install package..when it does finish it states that none of the users can be found....
(the xtier users)
which is pretty messed up, I can produce this on with every install...I get the SAME result everytime...

Any ideas...suggestions..This update meathoed is from the OES11sp1 installation guide....of this year (May 3, 2013)
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Techlord wrote:

> - Zypper states that the iprint digest is NOT the correct or expected
> version

I had the same digest error on a Firefox update about the same time as
your post only I was applying patches using YaST Online update.

A couple of days later, I followed the same procedure you did and all
updates were applied without any errors. I suspect there are some
issues in the back end.

Can you try again and let us know if it is still happening?

--
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.