matiasm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OES11 sp1 DHCP linux reinstall

Hi!

How can i reinstall the DHCP server from scratch, new Edir object and everything?
If I try to uninstall and reinstall the DHCP server and (delete the DCHP objects in eDir), I don't get the "Novell DHCP service configuration" wizard I got the
first time I installed the DHCP server....
What to do, reinstall the server 🙂

Br
Matias
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: OES11 sp1 DHCP linux reinstall

matiasm;2248604 wrote:
Hi!

How can i reinstall the DHCP server from scratch, new Edir object and everything?
If I try to uninstall and reinstall the DHCP server and (delete the DCHP objects in eDir), I don't get the "Novell DHCP service configuration" wizard I got the
first time I installed the DHCP server....

Have you also chosen to uninstall the DHCP pattern with YaST's "OES Install and Configure" module. After that try reinstalling the pattern and reconfiguring DHCP.

But before doing that, does simply starting YaST's "OES Install and Configure" module, doing no selections or de-selections in the packages screen and just accepting to continue on to the configure bit.
Then in the list, select to reconfigure DHCP... there is not option there to reconfigure what you'd like (don't have a system handy atm to test).

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
joharmon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OES11 sp1 DHCP linux reinstall

If I were trying to uninstall and reinstall DHCP from scratch, I would remove the packages and then go and delete the DHCP_SERVER object and the DHCPLOCATOR object cooresponding with this server. I would also make sure that the service object and all subnet objects were gone. I would then rerun the oes-install and install it again. In addition, make sure you delete the /etc/sysconfig/novell/NvlDhcp* files, or edit them and change the "configured" option from yes to no.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.