Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Admiral
Admiral

OES11SP2 - newest update from yesterday

Have other also the Problem after the newest update, that namcd wan't start?
then nss wan't start, etc...
who knows a solution?`
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Don't know about any specific issues with LUM in recent updates. If namcd doesn't start the problem is likely related to expired certificates on the configured LDAP server, if th latter one is reachable / responsive at all.
Certificate-related issues sometimes seem to be related to an update 'cause they manifest themselves on a reboot.
If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

thank you mathias, since the last reboot from the oes11sp2-server, the certificate was obsolete.
There is no Problem with the great/big update of oes11!
All will work perfectly!!!
Sorry for my request, in 10 years i will set a appointment in Groupwise to not Forget to renew the certificates!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Cgreiner;2432173 wrote:
thank you mathias, since the last reboot from the oes11sp2-server, the certificate was obsolete.
There is no Problem with the great/big update of oes11!
All will work perfectly!!!
Sorry for my request, in 10 years i will set a appointment in Groupwise to not Forget to renew the certificates!

never mind. the default certificate creation task makes them valid for just 2 years, additionally for obvious reasons they can't be valid for a longer time than the issueing CA.
0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

sorry, the ca root certificate are recreated for 10 years!
i have seen that so!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

so keep in mind that server certificates created with default options expire after two years.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.