Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OES2 and Backup Exec 10d - seems to work-what am I missing?

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:56:02 +0000, mcolwell wrote:

> It's really too bad. If their pricing was more aggressive I could see them
> killing Backup Exec.

Agreed. I've had discussions with Syncsort on more than one occasion
about their pricing model. It really is unfortunate.

--
Joe Marton
Novell Support Forum SysOp
Novell does not officially monitor these forums!
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OES2 and Backup Exec 10d - seems to work-what am I missi

mcolwell;1610495 wrote:
Update:

I'm now at the deployment phase, and I have issues (big surprise)

I've upgraded to BE12 - because that's what I have RALUS keys for. I have the following issues:

1) RALUS doesn't start on system boot, even though it is setup to.

2) RALUS bombs out during backup operations.

OK - Now I'm trying this with Backup Exec 12.5 - Fully hotpatched on Ralus and BE Server.

The system still bombs out during backups, saying that it lost communication. The agent unloads.. This happens during Full backups as well as Full backups that just copy the data (and make no changes to archive bits, timestamps, etc).

Time permitting I'm going to open up a formal support case.

FYI: BE 12.5 claims to support OES2 - and now they're are updates to BE 12 that claim to add this "functionality".

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OES2 and Backup Exec 10d - seems to work-what am I missi

I would recommend that you open up a case with Symantec Tech Support.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.