UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OES2 to OES11 migrations w/DNS/DHCP services

Have a site that is running a SuSE10sp4/OES2sp3 server that only role is that is runs their DNS/DHCP services internally. I want to migrate this box keeping same name and ip address to new SuSE11sp2/OES11sp1 server keeping same services running on new box. What is the best way of migrating this server over?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

jlewter;2261357 wrote:
Have a site that is running a SuSE10sp4/OES2sp3 server that only role is that is runs their DNS/DHCP services internally. I want to migrate this box keeping same name and ip address to new SuSE11sp2/OES11sp1 server keeping same services running on new box. What is the best way of migrating this server over?

You should ask that question in the OES: Migration forum.
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry, wasn't quite sure which one to put it in. I will post it in that thread.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.