Please note that these forums are staff by volunteers and are not a
route to official support.

HTH.
--
Simon
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
0 Likes
davemrm Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: OES2018 upgrade hangs, can't complete

smflood;2478022 wrote:
On 26/03/18 17:14, davemrm wrote:

> just checking that chetankumarcr or someone else has seen my reply with
> the requested logs?

Please note that these forums are staff by volunteers and are not a
route to official support.

HTH.
--
Simon
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.

Yes, of course, but a microfocus employee asked me to post the logs, so I just want to check that they were seen. I'm not currently interested in opening a real tech support case about this yet, as upgrading this server is low priority right now; I work on it when I get a chance, and definitely not today.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

From y2log Line 7710:
...The instance at /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf is upgraded successfully

As a workaround, I would suggest aborting the OES configuration wizard and allow the OS to load the desktop. Open the following file for editing: /etc/sysconfig/novell/edir_oes2018. Change the line that reads, "SERVICE_CONFIGURED="no"" to "yes". Save and close. Repeat the process for any file in the same directory that begins with "edir" (i.e. eDir_oes2015_sp1). All of these files need to be configured to "yes".

Open YaST2 and start the "OES Install and Configuration" wizard. Proceed with the configuration of OES services. If the prior steps were executed properly, the wizard will skip eDirectory configuration and move on to the next service.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

John_Walker;2478443 wrote:
From y2log Line 7710:
...The instance at /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf is upgraded successfully

As a workaround, I would suggest aborting the OES configuration wizard and allow the OS to load the desktop. Open the following file for editing: /etc/sysconfig/novell/edir_oes2018. Change the line that reads, "SERVICE_CONFIGURED="no"" to "yes". Save and close. Repeat the process for any file in the same directory that begins with "edir" (i.e. eDir_oes2015_sp1). All of these files need to be configured to "yes".

Open YaST2 and start the "OES Install and Configuration" wizard. Proceed with the configuration of OES services. If the prior steps were executed properly, the wizard will skip eDirectory configuration and move on to the next service.

I found that clicking the "Abort" button does nothing once it's in this state. Would I "pkill yast2" then, or something else?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

davemrm;2478501 wrote:
I found that clicking the "Abort" button does nothing once it's in this state. Would I "pkill yast2" then, or something else?

Yes, try that. If it doesn't work, then a full server reboot would be required. "reboot", "shutdown -r now", or "init 6" should accomplish this.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

ok, I'll probably try another test upgrade with vm copies tomorrow. Will report back.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.