Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OES2SP2 on DL360G7 with HP Agents?

Hello,

are there any known problems using the hp agents on an OES2SP2 Server?

TIA

Tom
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

bwisupport;2130779 wrote:
Hello,

are there any known problems using the hp agents on an OES2SP2 Server?

TIA

Tom

We run the HP Proliant Support Pack (drivers, agents...) on our OES servers without any issues.

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey Thomas,

thank you for your quick reply.

Tom
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Well there is one, but I don't think it's OES2 per se, but rather SLES

On some systems, you'll get the OS (SLES 10) to "hang" during shutdown with one or more of the various HP SIM agents (I'll have to lookup which agent is the culprit). We have it happen a few times, and unfortunately if you Google for that, you'll see that there's a few problems with these on the HP forums, but no response from HP (it's like HP and Linux don't go hand in hand as they're like: Linux? Never heard of that).

The DRIVERS can get you into a pickle if you're using the OEM'd qlogic drivers vs. the native Kernel drivers. We got burned a few times trying to use the HP provided Qlogic drivers, and then a SLES Kernel update happened and we couldn't boot from the SAN anymore because of "invalid parameters". Since then, we only use the native Kernel drivers for qlogic.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for that hint. I'll have a look at my machines and make sure the right drivers are used.

Tom
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

So far I've only noticed the problem with fibre channel Qlogic drivers. Our other HP servers have the cpqraid thingy driver and haven't noticed any problems with that and using the actual driver provided by the PSP.

(Proliant Support Pack)

I think it uses cqpiss or something like that.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.