jqueiroz Contributor.
Contributor.

OESCommonProxy Invalid Distinguished Name

Hy,

I'm trying to install NCS on a new server, but it's throwing me this error ("cn=OESCommonProxy_Server,ou=Context is an invalid fully distinguished name").

At first I thought it could be a problem with the context, that have spaces in it (ou=Context with spaces,ou=Branch,o=MyCompany), but the peer server accepted installing NCS on the same context with no issues.
I also had problems to configure LUM on this server, couldn't use OES common proxy on LUM, as if I try it, it throws the same error.

Both servers are SLES 11 SP3 / OES 11 SP2, all recommended patches / updates applied up to 11/11/15.

Does anyone have seen this, or can give me some hint on how can I complete NCS installation on this server?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: OESCommonProxy Invalid Distinguished Name

On 13/11/2015 17:26, jqueiroz wrote:

> I'm trying to install NCS on a new server, but it's throwing me this
> error ("cn=OESCommonProxy_Server,ou=Context is an invalid fully
> distinguished name").
>
> At first I thought it could be a problem with the context, that have
> spaces in it (ou=Context with spaces,ou=Branch,o=MyCompany), but the
> peer server accepted installing NCS on the same context with no issues.
> I also had problems to configure LUM on this server, couldn't use OES
> common proxy on LUM, as if I try it, it throws the same error.
>
> Both servers are SLES 11 SP3 / OES 11 SP2, all recommended patches /
> updates applied up to 11/11/15.
>
> Does anyone have seen this, or can give me some hint on how can I
> complete NCS installation on this server?

Is "cn=OESCommonProxy_Server,ou=Context is an invalid fully
distinguished name" the actual error or have you changed the Server and
context bit? I ask because the error is correct for that name and
context as it's missing the Organization.

HTH.
--
Simon
Micro Focus (Novell/NetIQ) Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
jqueiroz Contributor.
Contributor.

The error message really miss everything past the first space, i.e. the server context is "ou=Context with spaces,ou=Branch,o=MyCompany", but the message only lists "ou=Context".

But, interestingly, another server with the exact same version of SLES/OES/patches doesn't gives me this error. I.e. there are two servers, cn=server1,ou=Context with spaces,ou=Branch,o=MyCompany and cn=server2,ou=Context with spaces,ou=Branch,o=MyCompany.
server1 works as expected, server2 gives me this error.
0 Likes
jqueiroz Contributor.
Contributor.

Well, think I found what happened (not how, neither why). In file "/etc/sysconfig/novell/oes-ldap", the CONFIG_LDAP_PROXY_CONTEXT got registered as "cn=OESCommonProxy_Server2,ou=Context" instead of "cn=OESCommonProxy_Server,ou=Context with spaces,o=MyCompany".

I found that using this script from "Cool Solutions".

After correcting this file, I could finally configure LUM to use common proxy user, and better, configure NCS.

Thanks for your attention!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.