Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OFO and SP7

Greetings!

I'm running Backup Exec 9.2 rev. 1401, with Open File Option on my four Netware 6.5 servers. I've never had any problems with Backup Exec. The servers are all the same (same model, disk drives, controllers, Ultrium tape drive....), just located in different offices. I just updated the OS on all the servers to sp7. After updating the servers two of them hang while running OFO. The other two are just fine. Can't figure out what's going on. I've recreated the job on the media server. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software. It still won't work. Any suggestions?

Sharon
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OFO and SP7

Hello,

did you apply the post-SP7-patches? If not please apply
them according to "http://download.novell.com" and select
"Netware" and "Netware 6.5 SP7" and press search-button.
There you find about 21 patches and you should apply
comn65sp7.zip (which may heal your issue), TCP681K.zip,
wsock6o.zip and nwlib6l.zip. You may also look if other
these patches apply to your servers. You may also look for
patches of Backup EXEC but i am no expert for this Backup
software.

Good luck

Burkhard Wiegand

Netware Admin
Debeka-Versicherungen
D-56068 Koblenz
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you check for any OFO updates. I have seen many times where a new SP on NetWare will need a newer OFO to work correctly.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks so much. The updated comn.nss did the trick.

Sharon
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.