Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
jstonend Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Op-Lock issues with Novell Client 2, SP1, IR8 for Windows 7

Hello,

I'm running a PC with Windows 7 64-bit, and the Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows 7 (IR8). I have a program that needs to access files and save them, etc. over and over again and I'm having an issue with Novell locking the files. This prevents me from accessing the files correctly and its affecting other users.

On the server Console is: Station XX timed out waiting for an op-lock on file xxxxx.xxx held by station XX.

Can someone please assist - this is the first Windows 7 machine I've rolled out here and many more are on the way - I'd like to get this fixed.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
W_Prindl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Op-Lock issues with Novell Client 2, SP1, IR8 for Windows 7

What are your client cache settings?

Try to disable client side file caching and to set file commit to on
and see if that helps.

Is it the same station (XX) in your example, which timed out and held
the oplock, or are that different stations?

--
W. Prindl

jstonend wrote:

>
>Hello,
>
>I'm running a PC with Windows 7 64-bit, and the Novell Client 2 SP1
>for Windows 7 (IR8). I have a program that needs to access files and
>save them, etc. over and over again and I'm having an issue with
>Novell locking the files. This prevents me from accessing the files
>correctly and its affecting other users.
>
>On the server Console is: Station XX timed out waiting for an op-lock
>on file xxxxx.xxx held by station XX.
>
>Can someone please assist - this is the first Windows 7 machine I've
>rolled out here and many more are on the way - I'd like to get this
>fixed.
>
>Thanks.

W. Prindl
0 Likes
ianp1231 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Op-Lock issues with Novell Client 2, SP1, IR8 for Window

Client file caching, while supposedly speeding up file writes, has caused me so many problems over the years that it's the first thing I disable any time I install the client or build a new ACU.

---
Ian Pattison, CNE, CCNA
SERVMAN.CA
Web: http://www.servman.ca
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.